Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oil leaking out of boom, national crane

RP marine ยท 2013-02-06 21:44

Hi, i am pretty sure I have a leaky hydraulic ram in my crane. It is a 3 section 56' national crane. I talked to dealership, and they said I need to pull out boom sections. I looked in manual and it looks like I can handle it, but not sure how major of a job it is. Has anybody done this before? Any advice or tips? Is this a job a man can handle with just the manual to go by? Any help on subject would be great. Thank you

Replies1
  1. #1craneslug2013-02-08 12:50

    Hi, If you need some help with this we'd be glad to give you a proposal on doing this. I would encourage you to give us (WHECO) a call. If we can't do it because of distance I know we can suggest a local provider to get in contact with you as well. It might be something that you can do on your own, but you might need repair of the actual ram itself and need the cylinder resealed. Best Regards, Jacob WHECO http://www.wheco.com