Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oil pan case 2290

samk ยท 2021-10-02 15:03

Finally finished new cylinder o rings and have the pan installed. When I removed the torque cover plate I paid no attention as to whether there was a gasket between the cover and the oil pan itself. It appears as though the pan gasket set has one but when used the cover will not raise high enough th install lower larger bolts. My stupid question is I whether there is a gasket between the torque cover on that top or only the circular one on the face of the cover Sam

Replies7
  1. #1Midnightmoon2021-10-02 17:42

    What engine are you working on model and serial?

  2. #2samk2021-10-02 17:58

    It is a 504 with turbo and the tractor is a 2290 case. Unfortately I will have to go to the next farm to find the serial number

  3. #3samk2021-10-02 18:18

    The plate on the engine is. A504bdt. And 10303289

  4. #4Midnightmoon2021-10-02 19:07

    were there different size bolts? is this what your looking at

  5. #5samk2021-10-02 20:16
  6. #6samk2021-10-02 20:23

    Yes there are different size bolts , the gasket in question is number 40

  7. #7samk2021-10-03 10:30

    That is the picture that I am looking at