I've put a lot of hours on the 310D and feel I've been all over the machine a dozen times. It eats parts more than any machine I've ever owned. It has a horn button on the dash but I cannot find a horn anywhere. Does not toot when I push the button. Parts book just has the horn, bracket and bolts on the page and does not show where on the machine they hide it. Next thing is back-up alarm works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. Book shows AL67714 switch but again, I have no idea where it is. Picture looks like a plastic brake light switch from a 60's vehicle but that can't be right. I would think it would be incorporated into the reverse solenoid wiring. Where are these things supposed to be located?
25 year old backhoes are gonna need parts I guess. I have the next gen newer one, a 310E and I think I have a horn on the upper right side of the engine. You might give that area a good look.
The first place I looked was behind the engine/air cleaner/under brake master cylinder. Could be someone removed it at one time. Every time I go to the dealer they give me the same line, "That is a really old machine, that is why you should buy a new one." I am getting tired of no answers and no parts in stock. This will be my last Deere machine after owning 7. Best machines of any brand have been those made in the 70's. 80's and 90's were the worst machines I ever owned and every one of those were bought new. Most still have under 4,000 hours yet. Thank you for the reply. Deere's parts are getting to be junk too. Wrong parts in packages, parts that don't fit. Looked up a part that came apart yesterday. I bought it in March and it had 23 hours on it as of today. Fell a part where it is crimped together.
The horn location and the reverse warning pressure switch location would depend on your serial number. So please post a serial number. The horn is either mounted behind the air cleaner or mounted under the front top plate just in front of the windshield. The reverse alarm pressure switch would be on top of the reverser on lower serial number machines, or it is controlled by your FNR through a relay on later serial number units.
Be happy your machine is older. You can actually get parts for them because they are sitting on a shelf in a warehouse somewhere. Newer parts are unobtainium right now. I don't care what brand or if equipment or light car and truck. There is a shortage of everything and supply chain issues.
Machine is a 792,000 serial number.
Certainly not very far from the intake or the starter motor.
Thank you. the wire is short at the either aide to the horn so looks like near the same location. That was the first place I looked for it so it must have been removed for some reason. Now to look for the wire and replace the horn. Thanks.
Surprised today to have 2 people tell me they have new machines they cannot get parts for. Reminds me of 1988 when the engine went down in my new combine (145 hours) and they said they had no engines to replace it and the warehouse dock was full of blown engines. I bought another combine just for the engine. Then in 1990 the planetaries went down in a machine in April. It was also a new one. By October the dealer still could not get the parts. Corporate finally found a dealer who had ordered them and not used them by calling every dealer who had ever ordered the part. The dealer shop put it together wrong and it ground up the gears backing it out of the shop. In the end, they tore down another brand new machine for parts to put mine together. Sounds like I should be happy with the 10 day down times right now compared to the new machine people as they are having the same experiences I had 3 decades ago. SMH.
A 792 serial would have the reverse pressure switch on top of the reverser.
Thank you sir. Cheers.