Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

oil pressure case 580b

3steps56 ยท 2013-05-03 00:03

What should the oil average oil pressure on a case 580b run? It runs 80 to 95 lbs on intial start up. At 190 degrees water temp it still runs around 70lbs. I just got the old girl and feel like I should change the engine oil. How much does she hold? How can I tell if I have a rockwell shuttle transmission? The Hydralics oil is milky. Can I flush the hydralic system with diesel fuel should I just change the fluid and filter a couple of times.

Replies3
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-05-03 17:51

    Oil pressure 50-70 psi engine warm high rpm.

  2. #2sheepfoot2013-05-03 17:59

    I would not flush it with fuel oil, they have enough problems without adding more, i would just change the fluid hot along with the filter, then run it some and get it hot and change it again. You can loosen the drain plug every so often if it has been sitting and maybe drain some water that way also. It is a pain to get the milky oil out of the system. Make sure the trans boot at the stick is good.

  3. #33steps562013-05-04 02:10

    Thanks sheepfoot.That was the direction I was leaning. Just wanted some confirmation from someone who knew more than me. Shuttle seems to work ok. I haven't used it much yet. It engages strong and pressure is in the green. However it does drip transmission oil between engine and shuttle. Shuttle also whines in reverse but it will move backward in 3 gear with bucket on the ground and the front wheels in the air. I thought the oil pressure might be a little high. But maybe its just because the engine is in good shape. It sounds good.