Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tool info needed for 580C

TLR15 ยท 2013-05-02 22:42

I'm looking at repacking a few of the cylinders on our machine. I've got the gland removal tool but don't have any 3/4" tools. I was gonna pick up a 3/4" breaker bar. Does anyone know the size/s of sockets I need? I'd rather just buy individual quality tools I need instead of buying a cheap chinese set since I think I'll be using them more than once. Thanks a lot.

Replies3
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-05-03 17:49

    I would look at sears with their 27 unit set, they have a smaller set around also up to 2" i think, the 27 gives you up to 2 3/8 and some extra tooling. Just a thought

  2. #2syndy2013-05-03 20:14

    I used a Northern Tool 3/4" breaker bar to do my boom cyl. I used a pipe extension and calculated out the ft pounds of torque so that my weight and the length of bar produced the right amount. Because I had bought the cyl back to FL, I had nothing to work off of so I sunk a sch-40 steel pipe in the ground and poured concrete around it. Slip the end over it and it worked perfect. I think most tools now days are made in China, even Sears I have heard. Can't recall the end nut size.

  3. #3shopguy2013-05-03 22:47

    I used to do them but I have found it better to take them to a good hyd shop get them sealed and pressure checked and eat a steak on the money you save over the dealer overpriced kits.