OK... so I was doing some work on my 580CK yesterday and found some issues. My oil light had not worked sence I got it. I had a bad ingnition switch, and had to jump it to start it. Well doing this noting on the dash worked. Well I installed the switch and things started working. The oil light doesnt though. Is there a common issue with these? A way to test the system? Im a big fan of REAL guages... so I might just go ahead and pop on a guage. Any issues with adding a oil pressure guage? Thanks for any help getting this tractor up and working!!
did you pull the light out and check the bulb? I found a couple bad bulbs in my 555's gauge cluster when I was fixing the wiring.
You know... I feel like a bit of a moron... Ive been working on stuff for over 30 year... you know I forget to check the dam bulb.... Sometimes I look for a major issue... and forget the simple stuff. I will check, and report back.. Hmm now to see how the light comes out...
The bulb comes out by pushing the socket from underneath and turning it. You will have to hold the lens in the dash from above at the same time. Just enough room to do it. There is a spring that will come out at the same time. A little red spray paint on the new bulb, works. I came across a bad sender on a 207 recently, it would not ground the wire with no oil pressure. With a mechanical oil pressure gauge, there is always the risk of damage to the line. Phil
Ya, I know about the line thing. I was going to bend up a steel brake line to the guage. Ill check that bulb this weekend when I have time to work on it. Thanks!
test
I'm not sure if this will help anyone. I eliminated my key switch on my 580 b it didn't work no how. I retired it so the dashboard gets hot. Lol has juice going to it as soon as u get oil pressure. The so called idiot lights have been converted to let me know when I kill the tractor the light goes out. Telling me I have no power drain whatso ever. I added a voltmeter to it rather than amp meter. I need to rig up my neutral safety switch.