Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oil recommended

blacky705 · 2025-03-09 19:51

Hi, just purchased an 08 New Holland B95. Want to do an oil change and was wondering what oil type/brand is recommended. Obviously the safe answer would be to go to the local dealer but I'm sure there are suitable brands and filters at the local automotive store. Heck even what hydraulic oil would be recommended. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1cosmaar12025-03-09 20:47

    Not trying to be smart here… but whatever you can afford. If you want name branded Shell or Schaffer synthetic, do that. If you want the cheaper stuff like Delo or Delvac, get that. I’m usually on the cheaper end as my machine might be worked a hundred or so hours a year. I change it once a year so I don’t want to spend all the money to then dump it out with little use. In terms of hydraulic oil, same thing applies, at least for me. Regarding filters, I’m team Baldwin. But I’m a bit biased because my mom works in a mechanics garage and I get them for a dirt cheap price.

  2. #2Shimmy12025-03-09 21:41

    Any 15-40, 10-30 diesel oil will be fine. I would lean towards Mobil Delvac, Chevron Delo, or Rotella T4 as last resort. I know a lot of guys that run Napa hydraulic oil and get along just fine.