Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

oil weight

toomanymachines ยท 2011-04-22 22:00

What weight of hydraulic oil do people use in their excavators? I spoke with someone today who buys synthetic oil right from komatsu. did not ask what a 20l pail costs. I run atf in an old skidsteer of mine and was wondering if it would be fine to also use it in my komatsu pc75. it has a regular brown coloured oil in it. did not feel it to try to find out how thin it is. I am in manitoba and would not be using the machine much below freezing. Most likely the coldest would be digging out ditches of snow in the spring. I still want it to run smooth and not have to warm it up alot before everything works free. What is everyones suggestions?

Replies1
  1. #1rare ss2011-04-22 23:11

    we used to run a 10W in our Komatsu diggers, our temp range wouldnt go much outside 0-40C though if you contact an oil suppiler they will have a maunel with most machines and reccommended oil grade's