Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oilquick couplers

245dlc ยท 2010-07-19 20:15

I've come across on youtube and on the internet of these oilquick excavator quick changes. I think in about two or three years I'll be buying my own mini-excavator possibly a three or four tonne machine. I would like to have a hydraulic quick change but I think this oilquick system is a fantastic setup but I was wondering if anybody in North America, maybe Canada more specifically has used this system? And if it works like conventional pin grabber systems where you can pick up any conventional pin bucket? Or do you have to buy the special lugs from Oilquick and have them welded to the bucket? http://www.oilquick.com/Home.htm

Replies5
  1. #1xcavate2010-07-19 21:12

    I know on the oilquick you have to use special lugs on the bucket. Its a sweet setup if you have a bunch of different attachments. I dont have one but its on my wish list. I think they are extremely expensive. I think it would only pay for itself if you switch attachments several times a day otherwise a normal pin grabber would be way cheaper.

  2. #2245dlc2010-07-19 21:36

    Okay, yeah I think it is a sweet system and I like how the hoses and couplings are tucked away inside the coupler. I know when I do buy a machine I'll be getting a tilt bucket of some kind but it would be nice to have the hoses routed in the same manner. I might get a breaker too but they're also really expensive. Are there any North American manufacturers that have a similar coupler system with the hoses and fittings inside the quick change mechanism so the operator doesn't have to wrestle with hoses or have to worry to much about snagging them?

  3. #3joispoi2010-07-22 12:26

    It looks really nice, but I don't think it would boost productivity enough to justify the sales tax on it, let alone the cost of the unit. Hoses don't cost too much and they're not such a hassle to manually connect. It's good to get out of the seat and get some blood flowing to your legs from time to time.

  4. #4245dlc2010-07-22 17:17

    Lol, no doubt but it would be nice for demolition work like switching from a breaker to a bucket and vice versa. It doesn't take much to catch those hoses on a piece of rebar in a tight area. I just hope somebody in North America catches on to the idea and comes out with something similar.

  5. #5245dlc2010-07-23 22:07

    Here's a German system that works like a hydraulic pin grabber, From what the website says you can use conventional "pin" type buckets. YouTube - MARTIN M-Quick http://www.martin.at/?lang=en We just gotta get somebody to make something like this in Canada or the U.S.