I am overwhelmed with trying to figure out what oils to run in this 1984 d3b,, book says cg/to-2 which I guess is obsolete which goes to to-4 which goes to tdto. I am not going to cat for oil and I don't wanna run 120 dollar a pail in the bevel and finals. what can I actually put in the bevel? I have seen some post about 30w rotella. and what do I need to run in the powershift? to2 to4 or what? what is every one else running. I know im not the only cheapskate out here
You have most of it nailed down. TO-2 is an old spec and has been replaced by TO-4. TDTO (transmission/drive train oil) is Cat's internal designation for TO-2/TO-4, so it's the same spec of oil. If it was mine it would get good quality commercial SAE30 TO-4 in both the bevels and transmission.
If you have a bulk fuel supplier around most of them carry these oils. You should be able to get a pail for 60$. My closest place is called Reladyne , they are all over the east cost. They carry chevron and shell oils and can get you what you need. The chevron oil is called drivetrain 30 , it has the to-4 package. My Komatsu calls for 10W , so I can use it in my hydraulics as well.