I've had this truck for a little over a month and a half, waiting for a decent job to post pics from cause I know most of you guys don't care about flying trees:tong Well last wednesday evening we were called out to help clean up an accident scene, the driver of one of the tractor trailers was killed after he ran into the back of the tanker. It was very difficult to look at the truck that he was driving, since I drive large trucks everyday and to see that kind of damage, it sort of hit me that it could happen to me or somebody I work with very easily. The cause of this accident was simply that he was following too close to the tanker. I think its very important not only to remind yourself to drive safer and leave enough distance between you and the vehicle in front of you, but also train your employees and coworkers because it could happen to them. In a thread about my new cabover truck somebody said that they didn't like that style of truck because it didn't offer any protection for the driver since the engine wasn't in front of you, I can honestly say that it doesn't matter what kind of truck you drive if your not driving safely you'll likely be killed or seriously injured. We used 2 cranes to load the tanker onto a float to be hauled to the local tank repair company. I heard a story this afternoon from one of the first people on scene that the truck that got hit was hit so hard that it pushed forward into 2 pickup truck. The other thing that I heard was that the driver of the tanker will likely never drive again because right after he was hit he got out to check on the driver of the one that hit him. CTV Ottawa- Fatal crash closes Highway 17 in Arnprior - CTV News http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca...hub=OttawaHome
Anyway my new boomtruck is a 2007 Mack(brand new) with a PM 44025+j904.20 mounted on it.
Yes, that's a messy job CTM. And following too close is a particular peeve of mine, drives me absolutely nuts. I drive the interstates and highways around my area and I see it all too often, drivers pushing their rigs down the road with barely a car length between them and the vehicle in front of them, and many times it's another truck. Whenever one of the jackazz cowboys drives his grill up on my rear bumper, makes me get all bent out of shape. I don't feel like being a bug on his grill because of his stupidity.
That boom is cool , I can see that thing working in a lotta places nothing else would
here some more And a storage box for my grapple between the air cleaner and exhaust stacks
I take it you've rigged it up to be your limb and brush truck CTM. Helluva nice job you've done there, and that Mack cabover is the perfect truck for it.
Yeah, its a mullti-purpose truck: grapple truck, boom truck, bucket truck(once we buy a manbasket for it) and it also hauls our komatsu LC755 crane.
That Komatsu/Maeda LC755 is a nice little rig. I just wish Komatsu were more receptive to them here in the states.