I am very close to purchasing a T190. I have spoken to a few people who have owned them and all seem happy satisfied with it. However, based on some recent posts I am getting the impression some people have a low opinion of it. I realize there is the whole track vs wheel debate but outside of that, what is everyone's opinion of the T190?
I've worked on quite a few of them, haven't seen anything that would necessarily make them a problem machine, they seem to be built solid enough. The is one in my area that broke the loader arm loose from the rear pivot pin and made a helluva mess out of the boom, but I've not heard that failure to be common to the machines. The Kubota engines are good, Danfoss drive pumps are solid. Worst problem is the Rexroth roller stator drive motors. They are good motors, and do last fairly well, but when they go down inside, they pretty much destroy themselves inside beyond being able to be rebuilt and replacement motors from Bobcat are like 2 to 3 grand if I remember correctly. I've heard the T190 is not the most comfortable ride compared to other machines, and they do get rough if the tracks are worn bad on the roller surfaces. Overall a fairly well built machine with no issues that would seperate them from any other machine in the problem department.
I had one... And I have very little to compare it with. I used it strictly as a forklift for carrying pallets of sod. 2004 model, bought it with 1300 hours, only put about 100 hours on it... replaced the tracks, sprockets and motor covers...$3700 dealer. It never left me stranded or stuck. My only comparison, is that I drove a friends bigger wheeled machine...sorry dont recall which one... and his rode a billion times better than my 190... maybe just a characteristic of a tracked machine?? I'd hate to spend more than one day at a time in that 190. Just test drive it... can you live with it? (it won't get any better) Do you plan to spend a lot of time in it? New tracks did greatly improve the ride.... then again, they seemed to start wearing quickly... just rubber huh? I didn't have to fix much on it... but the few things I did... were hell to get to. As someone with lots of machine smarts here said... "just cause you can see the offending part, doesn't mean you can actually touch it." I don't think anyone understood the elation I felt the day I sold it. Then again... last week I sure was wishing I had it to get through some mud... Again, my experience is pretty much zero, except for this single machine... so take my words with a grain of salt. Next?
We previously owned a T190 but traded it in for a T300, because the timing and price were correct for us. We put about 1500hrs on the T190 and it was a great machine, no complaints. It never broke down except for blowing a few hydraulic hoses. We do a lot of block walls and it was able to lift a full pallet without a problem. Its a good mid sized machine with good power for its size.
LoL, yeah, I've said words to that effect more than once. Was cussing a 753 just today replacing control valve seals. Worst complaint I have about Bobcat machines, they are a Bi-itch to work on. It's just their design. Don't even want to discuss their excavators along those lines.
Thanks for all the input. I decided to go ahead with the T190 purchase and signed the papers today. I will be taking delivery tomorrow or Thursday. I think it will be a good machine for me for what I need right now and through that I can decide if I need something bigger in the future. I plan to get some video when I arrives and I'll post of a line.
The dealer dropped off the T190 yesterday. I am loving it! I haven't had a chance to get much seat time but I plan on using it all weekend. Here is a video of the dealer unloading it at my house. YouTube - My New Baby!!
Thats a very nice machine! You also had an awesome dealer if you bought the machine from Charlotte Bobcat. The area looks very familiar, what kind of work are you into if you don't mind me asking?
Bobcat of Charlotte has been really good to me so far. They arranged for me to be able to buy this directly from another customer so that customer could upgrade to a bigger machine. It saved me all the dealer fees and commision. I sit behind a desk for my day job. I have been running heavy equipment for only two months now doing small jobs on the weekend. I live in south west charlotte near 485/77.
Even has Power Bobtach, sweet! Just be careful if you reach for that Bobtach button while driving and instead hit that red Parking Brake button right next to it, it'll get your attention really quick. Beats me why Bobcat placed those two switches right next to each other. I rigged our 773G and S185 to use rocker switch on right drive lever knob to operate Bobtach, much better.
I was really impressed with all the addon's in this T190. The guy bought it 3 years ago from the salesman that I work with and is now upgrading to a T300. I am super happy to get my hands on it because it is setup nicely and I am REALLY looking forward to the cab and heat/air.
I have a customer with one and it seems to be a real solid machine he really likes it and wants to get another. A couple things I thought were not service friendly. To replace the alternator you have to pull the hydraulic hoses to the fan drive. To replace the drive hose to the drive motor you had to pull the track. To service the drive hubs (that you are supposed to do every 500 hrs) you have to pull the tracks and sprockets. Other than that it has been a great machine. JJ
That looks like a real nice machine. I watched the video and think you would have to get use to loading and unloading the track type of machine. Looks good, they say the track machines are very good in dirt but tend to slide in the snow and ice. Good luck with it.
LoL, well Hardline, from someone who works on these things all the time, nothing unusual, only thing easy to do on a Bobcat is change engine oil and filters, that's about it.
LOL Yup I own a small onsite equipment repair company. When I'm standing on my head trying to reach something I just keep telling myself. Heck if it were and easy job anybody could do it. JJ