I have had this old hoe for along long time. It has been a good one. I had trouble with the shuttle for awhile with the syncronizers not working right. One of the little pop up things got stuck up and wouldn't let it go from forward to reverse. I hit it with a screwdriver and a hammer and it went down and that cured that problem. But, today, a new one. I was just going to move the backhoe out of the way to a new location. The shuttle kept popping out to neutral. I kept putting it back in. Went a couple hundred feet and it JUST QUIT MOVING. I can move the shuttle from forward to reverse. Change gears. And it won't move. I suspect there is a problem in the area under the seat. Is there anyone who can give me an idea what happened and about what it would cost to fix. (cringe). On SS and not too much too spend. Any help or ideas??
Welcome to the forum backhoe44! This would be a mechanical shuttle with a clutch from what you are describing? For that to be happening, chances are you have some issues with bearings. Try draining the oil & see what comes out....... Then you will need to pull the top covers from the boxes to confirm. If you do find something wrong, you will need to split the tractor to carry out the repairs.