Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Allis HD7G (Fat Allis), still working and being worked

DMiller ยท 2014-05-10 18:09

Have a HD7G, been posting on the track loader section but really should bring the stories here where the old Allis belongs, Old Iron. Built around 72-74 she is tired but still manages to move a little dirt, been working to repair a slipping transmission and various leaking seals, will post photos as I get more taken.

Replies3
  1. #1Komatsu 1502014-05-16 21:31

    We ran a 7G for many years, in excess of 40,000 hours. The last overhaul, the crankshaft was still stock on the mains and only 10 under on rod journals. And we ran it 17,000 hours after that. I still have some reman rollers I should have scrapped years ago, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

  2. #2FreedomMan2014-05-17 21:21

    I have an HD 7 1946 Allis and it still pushes the loads. We use it to clear land up at our hunting shack and it always impresses me with its power. First edition orange after the war ended in '45.

  3. #3Komatsu 1502014-05-17 21:31

    I think they called that color flambeau orange. They were great machines.