Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine id

chevota84 ยท 2014-05-09 21:09

This wasn't what I thought it was, can anyone tell me anything about it? Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Replies9
  1. #1lantraxco2014-05-09 22:52

    CAT D342 maybe?

  2. #2chevota842014-05-09 23:08

    I think so. It's looking like an n/a motor, hopefully it doesn't have an aftermarket inspection window on the other side. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  3. #3Bluox2014-05-10 00:23

    It's a D1300 before a 342. Bob

  4. #4lantraxco2014-05-10 02:40

    Oh yeah, that it is, well done. Bit older than I'm used to, bet it would sound like sweet thunder....

  5. #5kshansen2014-05-10 07:57

    If it is a D1300 I think I have a parts book or maybe a service manual for it at work in the "archives" if any one is interested.

  6. #6Bluox2014-05-10 09:18

    It likely Has a starting motor on the other side. Bob

  7. #7chevota842014-05-14 21:52

    It's definitely a 13000. 4s serial # so it was an industrial motor, the guys at the auction said it was rebuilt, maybe I can find someone that needs it. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  8. #8rayman2014-08-15 00:43

    It's a 5 3/4 bore D8 engine.prob. =2U model. can see the pony motor pinion sticking out back, somewhere in the 1950's build. Somebody will be looking for one of those engines.

  9. #9chevota842014-08-15 01:20

    Serial # came back to 1942, I actually just sold it back to the guy I bought it from lol. He said he probably shouldn't have sold it when I went to pick it up because he had 2 of them running on a crusher. One seized on Monday so I hauled it back and it got to go on a 200 mile roadtrip.