We've been having trouble with old Bob. The coil has gone out a few times now. 1st one was only 6 volt. I believe it should be 12. We bought an edelbrock from autozone. It worked for a minute then decided to explode. It may have been damaged on install. My question is, what specs do I need. I thought they were all pretty much the same. The bobcat part number is 887408. I'm looking for what else would be compatible.
How about one with the built in ballast resistor ?
This machine has points ignition I assume? If so there is a 12v internal resistor coil from NAPA that I like, use it on all my old points ign stuff (‘53 Ford NAA, ‘49 Jeep cj3a, ‘69 F350). I’ll get a part number when I head to the shop today and let you know.
Thank you, much appreciated
Standard Motor UC15T or NAPA ECH IC277, I've got some of both and either should work with straight 12v. Make sure there is no external resistor in the wiring somewhere if you use one of those.