I have an old electro-mechanical/manual sign boom crane made by Arlo. The model number is long been unreadable, but is 120v power boom up and load line, and manual rotate and telescope. The boom tube is 15ft with two addition tubes nested within. I'm hoping someone might be able to answer two questions I have. First, how far can I extend? I have no idea if its designed to stop extending when the maximum safe telescope has been reached, or will extend beyond that point. I've been playing it conservatively, and never go beyond 2/3s extension (10ft of the 15ft exposed) Second question. Its been getting more difficult to extend/retract, and I would like to regrease the tubes. How does one go about doing that? Is it safe to lower the boom horizontal when fully extended? Seems in my mind that it would put alot of stress on things if I were to do that, but I could simply be wrong. Thanks for any insight anyone can shed.
No replies yet.