Hey there, Looking for information on the old cat 120 road graders. Recently bought one and looking for service info. I was able to by a reprint of the original parts manual but have been unable to locate a service manual. Does anyone know where a guy can buy one or find infor about the lube capacities, specs, and intervals on line? Whats the difference between the 120's and the model 12's? Serial number on the motor is 60Hxxx indicating its a canadian machine, however I'm thinking this motor was swapped into it so I've been looking for a plate on the chasis to see what number that shows, anyone know where it would be on the frame? Any info on this thing is appreciated Thanks
You can probably get a manual at the Cat store. A lot of times they're cheaper than the reprint companies. Cat is wonderful about supporting old stuff.
They are the ones who ordered me the re-print and said they couldn't find a service manual. I guess thats the problem with operating antiques, but when they run 12 hours a day without missing a beat thats all I care about.
Watch e-bay,
try this: http://cgi.ebay.com/CAT-Caterpillar-112-120-Operation-Maintenance-Manual-/200479964661?cmd=ViewItem&pt=BI_Books_Manuals&hash=item2ead897df5 Or this: http://cgi.ebay.com/CATERPILLAR-112-120-140-GRADER-OPERATION-MANUAL-CAT-/390163075632?cmd=ViewItem&pt=BI_Books_Manuals&hash=item5ad7881230 Good luck
Thanks!
I have a manual for a 120 89G series which is the same as a 60H. $25.00 including shipping. If interested, let me know on here and then we can contact each other. FWD
You can ask local CAT dealer, and tell them serial number, then they can offer a manul book for you, good luck...
Ended up buying that one on ebay, thanks for the help! Can anyone tell me what the difference between a 12 and a 120 is?
If I remember correctly, the main difference between the 12E and 120 was the weight. The 120 has a rather large weight attached to the rear where the toolbox normally is on the 12E. Depending on year, there may also be a difference in engines. .the 12E used the D333 engine.