Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old cat grader question

farm ยท 2011-07-22 00:33

Hi all, firstly I have been lurking around here for a bit without posting but I am always impressed with the amount of knowledge and experience on this forum. My apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. I am interested in a cat 12E grader and I was wondering if I supplied the serial number on here if someone in the industry could run it through the system for me and find the machines history if it has any? I believe it is a 1 or 2 owner machine and would just like to know a bit more about it. I should also say I am in western Australia and so is the grader. Thanks in advance for any input. Steve

Replies3
  1. #1lpnt652011-08-07 06:02

    Ask any Cat dealer they will be able to get there hands on the original records . this amy be to late for you but it might be ahelp to you

  2. #2farm2011-08-07 06:20

    thanks Ipnt65 I ended up doing that very thing, There wasnt a lot of info to be gained apart from the build date and one job that was done in 97. We bought the grader and I have spent the last week working on it doing little bits and pieces and as of right now its ready to roll but without an alternator as the one that was on it wont charge even though it looks ok. I may have to swap some of the dog clutches around as the left blade ones seem pretty buggered and so do the wheel lean ones. there is a fair chance I will be posting for advice on that job in the near future. steve

  3. #3lpnt652011-08-17 21:00

    One Good thing About old Cat graders They dont Die you can Revive them, Their Are other good Graders out there but Parts are the problem Les