Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Cat Yellow

Sir · 2025-08-03 14:40

I’m building an older cat and want to get the right yellow for this vintage. Could someone share the Revell paint number for old CAT yellow? Thanks

Replies15
  1. #1Coaldust2025-08-03 16:43

    Wow. It’s going to take like twenty thousand of those little cans to paint your Caterpillar track type.

  2. #2Sir2025-08-03 18:21

    No it’s just a model.

  3. #3skyking12025-08-03 23:19

    Sir is a good straight man. When we find his paint, we will send it

  4. #4skyking12025-08-04 13:33

    Also we should refer to his model Caterpillar as "Lulu". At least in this thread.

  5. #5DDoug2025-08-04 13:38

    Why does it have to be Revell paint ? Tractor Supply (and your equiv in canada) stock it by the gallon/quart/spray can.

  6. #6Sir2025-08-04 14:30

    It doesn’t need to be Revell. I’m just looking for paint that will be ok for the plastic model. This is the model I’m building.

  7. #7SLK0012025-08-04 15:00

    Here's a picture of mine - about the same vintage. Have any paint shop match the color and mix you up a batch!

  8. #8Coaldust2025-08-04 15:08

    Old Cat yellow is often called “Highway Yellow”. FYI, when you are shopping for it.

  9. #9Coaldust2025-08-04 15:10

    Sir, you should hang out with us. You seem like a cool guy. Into old tractors and stuff. I’m more into big trucks and towing stuff. But, yellow iron is cool.

  10. #10Nige2025-08-04 15:11

    The colour you need to be looking for is Caterpillar "Hi-way Yellow". This was used on all machines pre-1979.

  11. #11crane operator2025-08-04 17:06

    I looked at the picture of the model box, and made engine noises in my head. All while imaginarily putting the blade down and pushing across my grandmothers vacuum striped carpet, in the "good" living room, where children aren't allowed with their toys. Mine was the tonka t-6, more orange in color. Short stack, and it was a noisy S O B. I was usually evicted to the basement.

  12. #12Truck Shop2025-08-04 23:52

    Testors 1214T Yellow, Testors is for polystyrene plastic. *

  13. #13ChuckyMac632026-05-12 02:07

    RustOleum "Yellow Ginger" looks pretty close and Tamiya TS34 Camel Yellow is even closer in my opinion... hope that helps

  14. #14TomA2026-05-12 08:57

    Rust-Oleum "Old Cat yellow"

  15. #15ChuckyMac632026-05-12 21:21

    Nice!! Even better