There is a Caterpillar D8 2U cable dozer for sale close to me. Gentleman says it runs and operates, right steering clutch is stuck from sitting a while, undercarriage is 80%, and converted to electric starter motor (pony motor removed). Attached are a few pictures he sent. I'm curious of the value of this machine. I know the pictures aren't great, I will get some good ones when I go see it in a week or two.
Start at scrap velue and work up.
Thanks Nige! He is asking $5,000.00 so I have some negotiating to do!
Scrap value as Nige says plus take into consideration the cost of moving it. I’d be leaving it there unless you already run 2U D8’s and want it to part out. Undercarriage won’t be 80% good.Probably seized pins
Do you guys know what the width of the machine would be with the blade angled? Trying to figure out what moving it might cost.