Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Caterpillar parts needed for restoration.

Evo1959 · 2023-09-26 20:59

I need the following parts for a 1945 Caterpillar D4600 engine. Harmonic balancer, 2 x exhaust manifolds. Also need an original oil filled air filter unit used on a lot of old Caterpillar engines in the day. Bolted to engine. Caterpillar No 12 grader parts!!

Replies8
  1. #1Honky Cat2023-09-26 22:03

    Is there any way to upgrade to a newer style air system that will replace that oil bath system? Just an idea. Honky Cat

  2. #2OzDozer2023-09-26 22:33

    Oil bath air cleaners were displaced by the newer dry air filtering systems in Cats around the late 1950's. But Evo1959 wants to restore his old Cat grader back to original and obviously doesn't mind the drawbacks of oil bath air filters.

  3. #3Honky Cat2023-09-26 22:38

    I understand. Keeping it 100% original. I dont blame him. Honky Cat

  4. #4Evo19592023-09-27 00:57

    Yeh want to get it back to original it won’t be going back to work!

  5. #5Honky Cat2023-09-27 06:30

    Mercy!

  6. #6JEVANS2023-09-29 00:31

    ACMOC would be another place to hit up with this question. (Antique Caterpillar machinery owners club)

  7. #7joe--h2023-09-29 03:27

    King of Obsolete probably has half a dozen sitting out in the snow somewhere. Joe H

  8. #8Honky Cat2023-09-29 11:29

    Glad to hear theres an antique caterpillar owners club. I want to join! Thanks Honky Cat