Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

locating past posters

Dump truck Guy ยท 2023-09-27 10:42

Being somewhat new to forums and searching for info does anyone know how to reach out to a past poster on here. When you sign up they ask for all you info but is there a way that you can go threw this sight to the poster of a prior issue. I have tried to respond to a past post they had trying to reach out to them for a little insight but to no avail. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Replies7
  1. #1digger242j2023-09-27 11:18

    You can use the search function (the little magnifying glass icon at the top right side corner), and search for posts "by member". If it's somebody that has a ton of posts it might still take some sifting through to find a particular post, but it's someplace to start.

  2. #2Dump truck Guy2023-09-27 15:10

    Thank you. I will give that a try.

  3. #3Nige2023-09-27 15:54

    If you want to contact a particular member why not use the site message facility.?

  4. #4Welder Dave2023-09-28 01:23

    You could try a private message (PM) like Nige is suggesting. It might show up on their e-mail.

  5. #5OzDozer2023-09-28 01:56

    Be aware that if the thread you're looking at is several years old, the poster could well be passed on! A lot of the guys posting here are retired, and sharing their accumulated knowledge - but they're often dead and gone after a few years on the forum. I was looking at some 2007 posts on our ACME tractor forum, and I was amazed to see the number of long-gone posters! - and that's only the ones I know are dead! There are possibly a lot more gone, that I don't know about. And quite a number barely made retirement age, too.

  6. #6kshansen2023-09-28 08:35

    So far I'm still here! But in some ways It's nice to know that even after one of us are gone we can still be helping people!

  7. #7skyking12023-09-28 11:27

    righty tighty lefty loosey. There I will live on forever, until some poor kid tries to change his bicycle pedals. I was that kid and I remember when my whole world was shattered that day. At least I was prepared for that other side of the mopars.