Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Cletrac dozer

JTL ยท 2009-02-21 13:17

I was at the Oregon Logging Confrence yesterday and saw this old girl. I had no idea that Cletrac ever built a dozer this big. The ones I had seen in the past looked like lawn tractors!

Replies4
  1. #1td25c2009-02-21 13:26

    Wow.That's the big cletrac.Look's like it also has a drag winch.I wounder what year it is?

  2. #2dieseldave2009-02-21 23:01

    That's an OC18, pretty big tractor in it's day. I don't think it's got the original engine, though- an 895cid Hercules was OEM, and I see a blower on the left side of the engine which the Herc didn't have. I bet someone put a supercharged Cummins in there.

  3. #3dieseldave2009-02-21 23:03

    Here are some pics I stole from cletrac.org. I think these tractors were made in the early to mid '50's.

  4. #4Northart2009-02-22 01:59

    Oliver OC-18 The Oliver OC-18, Specs. 78" gauge, weighed 32,000#. 161 Net engine HP, 133 Drawbar HP. Built from 1952- 1960 . Other models , OC-4G,OC-6D,OC-12,OC-15-,OC-18.