I saw this old D8 rotting down by the side of the road a couple of years ago, finally caught up with the old boy who owns it and got permission to go on the property to take some pics. He told me that his father bought it brand new back in 1946, D8 2U 1776. Need a project, RollOverPete? It would make a nice companion for that D9 18A:drinkup
There are a couple of parts machines out back, too. I think they got everything there was to be had out of those track shoes. You know you're nearing the end when you're using the bolt heads for traction Anybody ever seen grousers like the ones in the second pic?
Nope. Those shoes are new ones on me. I wonder if they were an aftermarket product or maybe a special application?
I don't remember ever seeing a Cat with twin stacks on it like that.There was a Hypo model built for a while with twin stacks but it was a later model and it also had twin air cleaners too if I recall.It looks like that dozer would start right up and go to work. Those bolt heads on the grousers are still in pretty good shape considering how worn everything else is.Ron G
hi output hi output d8 ,there is a long interesting thread on the acme board about this:drinkup
DieselDave, I know that machine and the owner. Eddie J. I used to work with him. His father actually owned 2 of them which were the first in Jersey. Nice Pics I just took my 14 yr old son by there about 2 months ago. That machine was beast in it's day.
Welcome to HEF dirt works :drinkup
Thanks, been reading this site for a while. It's a change to hear from some not so local experts. I have quite a few years in:Banghead. The more years in the less BS you listen to. It's great to hear from some other equipment veterans.:notworthy
dirtworks, that's neat that you know Ed. He told me that his father had bought them brand new. Must've had quite an operation there back in the day.
there are some u2,s up here there are some OLD d8,s up here Quesnel bc if any one is interested scrap price !