Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Ford 4000 clutch pedal pivot shaft

sealark37 ยท 2020-09-05 10:02

I have a 1964 Ford 4000 gas tractor that I use on the farm. There is a stub shaft on the left side rear of the transmission housing that mounts the clutch pedal shaft and acts as a pivot. This stub shaft has slipped out of the housing. There is no fluid leakage, so I don't think the shaft is anchored from inside the case, but I can see no bolt or set screw that can be removed from the outside. I need some guidance on what holds the stub shaft in the housing. Has anyone worked on this problem? Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1sealark372020-09-05 17:22

    Not to worry, a member sent me a parts diagram. Once I got to where the shaft penetrated the trans case, and fished out the nut, it was all sweat and grease to fix it. Thanks