Still in use Looks interesting What is it and how old sandy
Thanks for sharing sandy! I see they extended the moldboard out a bit lol. I would really like to give one of those a try, just to say I did. I think one of our members (plowking) actually gave one of these (or similar to) a whirl. Ahh..back in the days where men were men and women were men..lol
I had the pleasure as a kid of running something similar. At that time I thought i had the world by the tail! Was lots of fun on a warm sunny day. Memorable moments tho when you hit a rock in the shoulder of the road!
LOL...I could just imagine..maybe I better re think wanting to try one..don't think I could take to many teeth rattling jars anymore..
Only trouble is that it's hard to get them to cook dinner after pulling the grader all day... :beatsme
Wow..that's priceless digger! :laugh
Depends on how rugged they are..lol
Gotta share this experience with a adams pull grader. It was 1970 and we were rebuilding a mile of road and then it started....... rain every day for two weeks. All the new equipment we had would not function in all that mud so my pop says boys go get that adams pull grader and hook her up to the D7 17A. So like good sons we did I got to drive the cat and my brother the adams.... man we were moving mud like crazy. All 4 wheels on that machine would lean. Were cutting the inslope up an that ol adams she hooks a stump... the D7 didnt get stop fast enough (guess who got the blame) anyways the ol girl she kicks out of the cut so quick it threw my brother right off it into a 2foot deep water hole Lol next thing you saw was one pissed off brother chasing his brother down the road..... Still makes me chuckle just got tears in my eyes thinking about it.
I take it that you could run faster than him? lol..good story!
This site is great. I had forgot about that day until i saw the pix of that ol grader. He passed away in 03 but he caught me after a while.... hard to run when your laughing so hard. Thank you all for bringing that memory back!
Old Grader: That means you have you have at least, one more than one?... :lmao OCR...
Great story grandpa. After reading it I can remember my Dad telling me not to sit on the seat for that very reason! He pulled it with a John Deere D as we we're just dragging roads. As a teen I ran a 1956 D7 17A with a #70 scraper. What a sweet combo that was. Hard to beat for trimming in the day. Neither the Deere or the 17 could be held responsible for hearing issues, that came later with turbos and screamin' jimmies! I'm going to try and find that old grader and get some pics here.
Old Grader: How 'bout I take one of the "you have", out of post #11?... That's what I get, for trying to be a smart alec... :Banghead OCR... :tong... lol
Yup, probably your one typing finger went faster than your brain could work..hence the extra words..lol...:tong
Hey grader4me.... how come nobodys ever in the chat room. Im new here and dont know my way around to good. IS my chat not working? thanks.
To be completely honest..I've never tried it.
It's probably something we should make better use of. I've used it once or twice, and it does work, at least it did on those occasions. When it didn't work, we got it fixed pretty quickly. On other forums with the chat feature, someone will somtimes make a post saying "I'm in the chat room now", and people will go there because they know somebody is there.
Old Grader & chat room: Well, I've been in the chat room a few time, but nobody else was ever there, so I just talked to myself... seemed to be a very strange place. :lmao OCR... lol
Hummmm....Okayyyy...lol...:waving
OCR. Ha ha funny thing i talked to myself and didnt even hear an echo. You must be over 50. How do you quote a message in reply? When i try to check the option nothing happens. This is like on the job training.
Looks like a Galion., but back then, pull graders were a dime a dozen. That medallion on the side should have the manufacturers name. May be a British make, or even an Australian one.
Yep, he's over 50. He was born in black and white...they didn't have color back then. :tong :cool2
Old Grader & chat room: This... :waving..., will not save you... :lmao And, I'll deal with ATCO, in due time, also... :cool2 OCR... PS: But you're a good guy, grandpa.... Are you left clicking on the little Quote box, at the bottom, but still within the post, and nothing happens? It should look like this: And it should automatically put the "Quote" at the top of the box that you want to reply in... other than that, I don't know what might be wrong, grandpa.
ATCO..I think we are in for it now lol. Remember OCR, I'm old and have a weak heart..wait a minute..thats right..I don't have a heart..fire away my friend.. Back to Old Grader..