I stumbled onto this site and found some neat pictures Link
Just ain't nothing like the good ole days...........and on some things that's a very good thing. Great pics thanks
Leave it to a newbie to resuurect some old posts but I ran across an old Austin Western four tire four wheel drive grader with a GM diesel in it a few days ago if anyone is looking for parts. Looked to be pretty much complete except for the front drive shaft. It was a wild, wild sight ! One more useless post and I will be in like flynn!! (I am serious about the grader)
Great pics...does anyone know where I could find some pictures of older stuff? In particular, horse drawn graders...we have most of the iron parts of the first road grader owned by this county and would love to find more info on it and a few good pictures! and No, I couldn't tell you who made it, can't find much on it in the way of make or model. amiBOSS(the wife!)
Talking about old graders, I have a few pictures of a beat up No. 12 down the highway. Would y'all like to see?
Sure, I would like to see the pictures
Here we go.
Rescued this from the scrappers torch. Just got it home the other day, haven't had much time to fool with it yet. My first grader
Wonderfull grader, and in fair shape to. Do you know how old it is ?
Ent she a beaut'?! That one is an absolute keeper. How much did you get her for? Bet that is going to keep you occupied for a liitle while, not that it looks like there is a lot that you have to do.
Hey dieseldave, nice lookin machine! Keep us up to date on how she works etc. Gotta love the old graders.
is that a 212? had one at the first company I worked for. great in small lots and pathways
It's a 1953 212, according to my friends over at ACME http://www.antiquecaterpillar.org/ . I had to give $900 for it Now I've got to figure out how to use it- any tips for a first time grader "operator"?
Yes I do have a tip. Find an old road and have fun
Used to have a 212. My tip is to treat those tires gently. I never could find any in that size.
Heres a pic of another of my projects ointhead Dead Adams 511 without blade........the blade is now fabbed up and it came with another engine I have to go through but one of these days...........LOL
What engine is in this grader?
ego I'm surprised you had to ask International UD14, not a dually but it'll do........ Also I'm in need of a circle drive pinion if anyone knows of an Adams going to the scrappers........
I have a friend that has a drive pinion and motor off a grader Ill check with him to see if you can use it. I hate to see stuff like that go to the junk. I was at a local crap yard taking a load of brake drums from a clean up. A man came in with 2 low boys with a d5 dozer on one and a Galion 503 grader. I asked him about it and he was short it wasn for sale they drove them both off and they drove the grader up to a shear hoe and beat it to death. I thought it was suspisious and called the law. Sure enough the hoe operator and the lowboys owner had stolen both peices. The owners had just bought the grader for 15000. The owner offered a reward on the equipment I declined, just glad I could help. The scrap yard was also introuble for buying stolen goods. They should have known something was up with that new paint job. I m still sick about the little Galion
Thx for thinkin of me much appreciated, I have to agree with you about the scrap people, they are at least 1/2 of the problem, a brass plaque of one of our most decorated soldiers was stolen from his memorial, anybody caught recieving it should be shot with the lowlifes stealing them:guns Send me a PM if something happens, it might be easiest just to get the whole gearbox if it's available??
looks like a good find, iv got a W&J cat 212 single drive that im in the process of restoring ,good old machine supprising amount of power and traction for a little machine,but you need 40 acres to turn around on!!
Nice No. 212 Grader. Needs the rest of the scarifier parts.
Yep Those make my 12E look pretty new.
Here is an old grader from 1900 era we have been working on.
It looks to be in real good condition! Is it going to take alot of work to restore it?
Everything works, it needs a seat and rear axel with original wheels It was last used to grade golf course roads.
Amiboss, if you're still looking for information on the grader, let me know.