Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Hayes trucks in oilfield, mining, construction, highway etc

Hayesno1 · 2019-10-28 17:05

Hayes Clipper 200 under restoration

Replies43
  1. #1Hayesno12019-10-28 17:11

    Another Hayes Clipper 200 boom truck

  2. #2Hayesno12019-10-28 17:23

    A few more of same truck. Truck was for sale in 2012 when pictures were taken at 94 Mile on HW97, BC. Name on door: 100 Mile Movers

  3. #3Truck Shop2019-10-28 18:45

    And a older Hayes yet.

  4. #4Hayesno12019-10-30 14:25

    That´s an Hayes Clipper 100 model - second generation. 1st generation had bicycle fenders.

  5. #5Hayesno12019-10-30 14:33

    Hayes Clipper 100 with grain body from the 60's. But I guess she started her career in the oil industry.

  6. #6Hayesno12019-11-01 17:39

    Hayes HD bed truck with pretty long wb - around 300" I think. Pictures were taken in Dawson Creek, BC 2007

  7. #7Truck Shop2019-11-01 18:39

    That wheel base is close to 315-320, she's a stretched out machine. Typical of oil field tip-ups nice looking Hayes though. Thanks for posting.

  8. #8Hayesno12019-11-03 03:28

    Another Hayes HD bed truck. Owner Flush Systems Ltd.

  9. #9Hayesno12019-11-04 16:00

    Hayes HD owner Peace Pilers. Old "Ironhorse" with Pete headlights.

  10. #10Hayesno12019-11-04 16:03

    A few more of same truck

  11. #11Truck Shop2019-11-04 19:23

    Years back when I ran B.C. i remember seeing several 100 models from Penticton to Kamloops.

  12. #12Hayesno12019-11-05 13:55

    Truck Shop; what colors did the trucks have?

  13. #13Hayesno12019-11-05 14:04

    Hayes Clipper 200 Water truck. Owner Nicola Valley Trucking Ltd. Merrit, BC in Summer 2005

  14. #14Truck Shop2019-11-05 20:12
  15. #15RZucker2019-11-05 20:44

    This is off that subject, but there was a guy in Pasco that had a yellow Hayes cabover out by road 100 in the 80's. It looked for all the world to be a Pete 'til you got closer.

  16. #16Hayesno12019-11-06 13:32
  17. #17Hayesno12019-11-06 14:40

    2 Hayes cab over. First with Mack cab; second with Pete cab - but I guess I don´t have to explain - Picture says all

  18. #18Hayesno12019-11-06 15:56

    More pics of Hayes cabover with Pete cab

  19. #19Hayesno12019-11-06 16:01

    Hayes cabover model - own design from the 50-60´s

  20. #20Hayesno12019-11-07 13:33

    Hayes HD dump truck - owner Trans Carrier Ltd. Fort St. John

  21. #21Hayesno12019-11-07 15:53

    Hayes COE with Mack cab. Big "H" has been switched with a bear. Sicard in background with Dodge cab.

  22. #22Truck Shop2019-11-07 19:59

    Wow, a Sicard, that's only the second one I've seen.

  23. #23RZucker2019-11-07 20:30

    Definitely a beast, looks like the Dodge cab had some metal work to match the flat hood panels.

  24. #24Hayesno12019-11-09 01:32

    Hayes HD bed truck very well maintained.

  25. #25Hayesno12019-11-09 01:36

    Another Hayes HD bed truck- Owner Kodiak, Fort St. John, BC

  26. #26Hayesno12019-11-09 16:26

    Hayes HD 400 bed truck. Owner Svede, Charlie Lake, BC- Very nice truck and well kept. Fenders has been modifired.

  27. #27Hayesno12019-11-09 16:29

    Same Hayes HD sn# 5133 - she is from 1973

  28. #28Hayesno12019-11-10 03:09

    Hayes cabover from 1974-75

  29. #29Greatwestcam2019-11-10 17:54

    Clippper gravel truck from Northern BC

  30. #30Greatwestcam2019-11-10 18:02

    Hayes HD 23-48 s/n 7013221 .

  31. #31Hayesno12019-11-11 15:12

    Glad to see pictures of her. I saw her several times in 2007 and 2008 between Fort St. John and Dawson Creek. I even took Pictures of her but can´t find them. Thanks for posting.

  32. #32Hayesno12019-11-11 15:19

    Hayes HD bed truck. Same truck in post #7 but these give you a better angle/view of how long the WB is.

  33. #33Hayesno12019-11-12 15:31

    Hayes HD bed truck I found in Northern BC

  34. #34Hayesno12019-11-14 14:48

    3 Hayes HD cabs left on a field in Northern BC. Trucks had run for Swanberg Bros. Trucking Ltd. They had several Hayes trucks in their fleet.

  35. #35Truck Shop2019-11-14 20:15

    I like the fact they still used pre-1964 Kenworth doors.

  36. #36RZucker2019-11-14 20:40

    You sure about that? I don't see the ribs running from front to back, the window opening seems to be pretty square... and I see rust and no rivets. Just sayin'

  37. #37Truck Shop2019-11-14 20:58

    It's the design-Hayes were known as Canadian Kenworths, The basic design especially the angled continuous hinge. I'm sure some will argue that, but it's more than a coincident.

  38. #38RZucker2019-11-14 21:04

    No, I did see the similarity in the hinge.

  39. #39Hayesno12019-11-17 03:48

    Hayes doors had full length hinges. The Hayes door is a bit bigger than the KW door so I am pretty sure it is not a Kenworth door. HDX (Mr. Hayes) will know for sure.

  40. #40Hayesno12019-11-17 04:44

    Another Swanberg Bros. Hayes HD bed truck

  41. #41Truck Shop2019-11-17 13:14

    Again and I should have worded it better-It's the design copy not that it's a actual Kenworth door. Designs are copied all the time and have been for years. When comes to trucks designs are copied all the time especially the ones that worked well.

  42. #42Hayesno12019-11-28 13:24

    Oh I know and there are lots of copying but at the same time some companies have made contracts with other truck makes using their cabs, hoods whatever. As an example Sicard trucks used Dodge and IH cabs and even used GMC hoods. With reference to the KW doors I still think Pacific all most copied the hole KW cab. Look at these pics of an Pacific cab. Door looks like KW door except missing the 2 reinforcements and look at windshield - on upper part of windshiled the outer curves are more soft just like the KW cab.

  43. #43Hayesno12019-11-28 13:30

    Well back to Hayes - an Hayes tractor model HD modern type owner Barry Ganson, Chetwynd, BC. Pictures were taken Spring 2007.