Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which type of Koehring?

Tibor M ยท 2019-11-07 15:22

Hello! These are photos from Slovakia after WWII. Please, which type / model of koehring is in the photos? Thank You, best regards Tibor

Replies6
  1. #1John C.2019-11-07 17:42

    The photos look a lot like my dad's 405 but maybe a little bit bigger. The machine in my avatar is a 405 in about 1959. I don't know when Koehring started using that model number system so that's as close as I can get. I think Hatchequip might have a better handle on it than me.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2019-11-07 18:05

    Looks a bit older than the 405s that I have seen. The buckets seem smaller also but then the 405 might have grown over the years as many other models did. The counterweight is way different than the 405s I am familiar with. They all had removable counterweights that hung out behind the house. 318 Cat powered also. EDIT A net search found a 1948 205 with a shovel front that looks a lot like the one in the picture. It has the underslung counterweight also. It was on pintrest so I could not link it.

  3. #3John C.2019-11-08 09:36

    I think you probably have the right. The boom appears to be a 40 footer and no counterweight would indicate a lot less capacity on the machine in the photos. I couldn't see the controls but suspect they might be long levers instead of the short levers I was familiar with.

  4. #4Tibor M2019-11-08 12:49

    Thank you for your replies! I'm adding another photos. There may be two different machines. Could it be Koehring 304? Thank!

  5. #5Tibor M2019-11-15 13:55

    No agreement or disagreement with my opinion? Thank. tm

  6. #6John C.2019-11-15 13:57

    The photos don't provide enough information to be able to form an opinion.