My 1979 Hough H80B has a third function that is has been disconnected because at some point the quick attach ram that ran the lower pins failed and the former owner decided to pull the ram and replace it with a block of wood since he only ran one bucket. Talking about what I need to do to get my new-to-me 4-into-1 bucket pinned on, a friend and I popped the cover off the block of wood to investigate what needs to be done. Looking at the photos below: The first option is to fab something up where we can remove the spacer and then pop the pins out by hand. My friend believes that as soon as I mate the 4-into-1 bucket that I purchased last fall onto my loader, that I'm never going to take it off, but I'm also actively looking for a set of long forks for my Pay Loader for picking up boats, cars, sheds, and whatever else comes up. The second option is to find or puzzle out whatever ram was there in the first place, and get one and sort this quick attach out properly. This would be my preference. Last year, armed with the model number of the quick attach made by Rockland, I called Rockland to try to find out anything about their quick attach. Sadly, nobody there knew anything about it. Anyway, my question for you is if anybody has any suggestions as to how to follow through with either option one or two. Here are some photos of what my friend and I were left looking at Overview of missing ram and hydraulics. Lefthand side of quick release pin. The large bolt looks as if it was used to take up space suggesting the ram has a treaded section or some sort of slip joint to capture the bolt to operate the left side lower pin. The right side pin, just looks like a standard pin somebody slipped in to pin the bucket to the quick attach. If anybody has any suggestions, experience, or whatever to share with me, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
looks really narrow. Take some measurements and go to a farm equipment dealer. John Deere or New Holland have available hydraulic quick attach. The pins on any loaders I have s een are outside the boom arms. I don't think the piston would fit in there. Like this one. I don't think you have this much room. Something for a tractor maybe.
It is narrow. There is just over 15" of space in there. I'm thinking about buying this weird, tandem ram , welding eyelets on the rod ends, then puzzling out how to attach them to retractable pins. Trouble being (1) do I have enough clearance to pull the pins out and (2) mounting this thing and being able to route the hydraulic lines looks like it may be PITA. I really wish the I had a photo of what the original looked like so I could replicate. https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...acement-Hydraulic-Cylinder-BD-0070-9-8803.axd
This is a not so good pic of the JRB style coupler we have on a Kawasaki 2 yard machine.
Thank you for the photo! If I could find a right-sized ram like this, I'd be on my way to sorting out my aging OEM quick attach. Does anybody know the generic term for this type of ram that sends a double-acting-rod out each side? The internet fails me when search for double acting, tandem rod ram by basically showing me steering rams.
Call Rockland in Bedford pa. they are still in business 800--458-3773 mow question will be if thye still have anything for something that old.
Those were the first people I called. Sadly, not one person remembers supplying International's with OEM buckets and quick attachments and neither did they have any documentation for any older quick attach. Meanwhile, I've decided that a double acting ram with about 6.5-7" of extension can work so long at I can thread the end of the rod and weld/pin the bottom to the other end.