Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old IH update

Welder Dave ยท 2024-05-19 23:42

Awhile back I posted a pick of this truck but wasn't sure what it was. Those who guessed a KB win the prize. It's looks to be in really good shape except for missing the right side name plate. There's another IH very similar beside it but in poor condition with no name plate.

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-05-19 23:45

    The KB is a tandem axle and the other truck is a single axle. What was interesting is each rear axle has it's own driveshaft from some kind of splitter box. Pics. could be better but the 2 drive shafts in the 1st pic. each go to their own rear axle. I just noticed the master cylinder. I wonder how it works or if it's a park brake? It looks like there's a short lever beside the nearest gear shift. Would it be a park brake lever? I don't know much about these old trucks work.