This grader is still used by the ranch it's on does one hell of a job!!!!
here are the last of the pics enjoy
What do they pull it with?
J.D. Adams Towed Grader Question I can't read the date on the data plate, what year was this manufactured?
Looks like June 26 1951 but the last number is hard to make out. Ford Focus
I hope it is at least a Ford Focus rally edition
:laugh :waving You know, I would love to see one of those in action. Humm..maybe get into a little speed grading :stirthepot :deadhorse
I thought you needed a rally car if the grader guy from the local muni has learned how to speed grade
Adams Man would i ever like to try that !!!!!!!!!!! Jim
Ok so i talked to the guy that runs the vineyard where the grader is located and i dont know if he's B.S ing me but he said they pull it with a half loaded 10 wheeler???? i told him when they get ready to use it i want to check it out get some video no problem he said they will busing it in the spring sometime so well see what happens
Adams pull grader Whe have in the Netherlands about 10 or more Adams pull graders , and we have sometimes a show with old iron , and i wil post a pair of of pics with those graders . i self with the grader with steel weels and my dochter with the rubber tyres , and a old cat no 12 .
Nice pictures! I bet they are a blast to operate!
It is enjoying to work with these old grader , this one its overhauld , and works very licht , i am almost 40 jears grader operator i a cant feel on my body how the machine stays and of i most raise of lower the blade . Now i wil post a few pics with the same grader hanging after a D 9 , that is aussum .
Thanks for posting the pictures Roel. I'm very interested in old road equipment. I have a high respect for the operators that built and maintained roads then. I think you would sleep very well at night after standing on one of these all day!!!
Hello ovrszd , yes you are richt , after a day on this grader you cant sleep very well , but i going home with a smile on my face . I am also interesting in old road equipment , and i have bin helping in our company to restore an old cat 15 from 1933 . I have a lot of pics of old road equipment , and i am trying to find out who have made motor(graders) , i have almost 240 brandnames of graders I post two pics of the fifteen one how whe found him and one after restouration .
Was the 15 used mostly as a tow tractor?? I think I can see where a blade might fasten to the chassis but how would it be lifted?? Great job on the restoration Roel!!!
Hello Richard , The 15 is used as a farm tractor , he was first sold to Norway and later to France , one of our directors found him in a shed by a France farmer and he was buying him for our company as a curiosety . A few men from the workshop restored him in there spare time and i did the carburator and ignition . I post a few pics of the parts of this tractor .
Hello Mettalgear , I have some ideas for your grader , in the Netherlands are some farmers that have chanche the rods to move the blade into hydr.ones and so you can use the grader allone .And one famer removed the frontaxle so you cant drive easely backwarts . see the pics .
The 15 used as a tractor makes sense. Great photos. Projects like this are good for the soul. It is hard work but ends up being entertainment and enjoyable. Good ideas on modifying the other machine. Especially removing the front axle. Would make it a lot easier to turn around, etc. Thanks again Roel for posting all the pictures. Any other projects you have we would enjoy seeing.
great pics! Thanks for sharing.
Wow I have an old 12E, but looking at yours mine isn't that old. Good looking grader you have there.