Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old LeTournaeu Westinghouse

Tracksoup71 · 2025-04-28 03:10

I have acquired an old LeTournaeu Westinghouse grader with a Detroit diesel model number 4057-c. I don’t know much about it and all other machine size indicating numbers no longer exist. I’m just looking for engine size and year so I can get proper parts when I need them. Any help is appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1Vetech632025-04-28 07:58

    Post some pics of the engine

  2. #2Tracksoup712025-04-28 11:14

    View attachment IMG_0067.jpeg View attachment IMG_0068.jpeg

  3. #3Tracksoup712025-04-28 11:16

    View attachment IMG_0069.jpeg

  4. #4bccat2025-04-28 11:22

    L-W 440 grader, 4-71 GM engine, my Dad had one, looks in nice shape.

  5. #5Tracksoup712025-04-28 12:32

    I sure appreciate all that! The thing runs great. It’s just been sitting most of its life over the last 20 years. Used for plowing snow around a shop here and there.

  6. #6Tracksoup712025-04-28 12:36

    I’ve been trying to get proper filters and such for it because the engine oil is like mud. Who knows when it’s had its oil changed last! So that info you shared should help me out. Thank you.

  7. #7bccat2025-04-28 21:41

    40wt for the engine, no multi grade , 30wt in winter

  8. #8Tracksoup712025-04-28 21:52

    I’ll do that. Thanks

  9. #9Bruce O2025-05-11 15:21

    Let-WH bought the Adams road grader company in the 1950s, if those models have parts commonality. Bruce