Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Lull not moving

MartySchriebl ยท 2013-11-10 08:39

I bought an old Lull 844 when I have it running and in gear it will move but very slowly I've tried all 3 gears but it moves at the same rate and doesn't have enough power to go up a small incline Anyone have any thoughts Thank you

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2013-11-10 09:02

    Fluid level? Then suction screen, then flex plate/coupler.

  2. #2MartySchriebl2013-11-10 16:25

    Tring to check fluid level Looking for the dip stick to check trans fluid but can't find one Is there a chance that there isn't one and fluid is checked by a plug?

  3. #3Delmer2013-11-10 19:43

    Sure could be a plug for all I know. I said fluid level, cause I'm not sure if this thing has a torque converter/reverser with a separate gear transmission, or an automotive automatic trans or what. The one I'd look to first is whatever is closest to the engine. You did add fluid after you put the cylinders back on, didn't you? If there's a plug for adding/checking fluid it will typically be 1/3 of the way up the side of the case, and stick out further than the plugs on the end that you don't want to remove, might even be a vertical plug in a bump out on the side of the case. This is pure guessing, hopefully somebody will tell you exactly where to check.

  4. #4willie592013-11-10 20:17

    That series came in three models, 844, 844B, and 844C. The early models used a Funk transmission, later machines used a ZF transmission. All I've been around have a dipstick and some of the early Funk units have level plug on case. May not be easy to find the dipstick from the topside with stuff in the way, climb under the machine with a flashlight, you should be able to find a dipstick pipe by viewing from underneath.

  5. #5MartySchriebl2013-11-11 14:12

    Thank you for the replies I did not add fluid after the cylinder replacements I am getting some today to see if this helps will let you know