Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champ CB40 info

uler3161 ยท 2013-11-10 13:59

Hi, My name is Dan. I'm new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone had any information on Champ CB40 forklifts. We bought one a few years ago and I can't find much on it. I don't know what year it is, but I'm guessing mid to late 70s. I would like to find a manual and parts diagrams for it if possible. And I have a couple specific questions... 1. I have a leaky steering system. I can see part of the issue is the steering valve. I would assume I can get a seal replacement kit if I can figure out the right one. It's a TRW valve and as best I can tell, the number is HGA012999. If I look up HGA part numbers, they seem to start at HGA08, so maybe I'm not looking at the right number? Is HGA012 the same as HGA12? 2. It seems to have a Continental gas engine. I say seems to, because I can't seem to find the engine plate. There is a plate on it that says Caterpillar and has a part number on it. I can't find any matches for the part number though. The previous owners thought it was Continental and thought it had been rebuilt before they bought it. What research I did on Continentals makes me think it's an F163, but I wonder if it could be a Cat gas engine? I'd actually like to replace it with a small diesel, but I'm not sure what would fit in there easiest. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1gmads012013-11-17 10:43

    Try Chamcor - it should be champlifts.com. But do it quick, I believe they are closing their doors soon. They should have some parts and manuals that they would be selling cheap, and they may know who else's would be a resource for a Champ

  2. #2uler31612013-11-17 13:22

    Thanks!

  3. #3Dualie2013-11-22 04:54

    Try Parts R parts 6145 Sellers Ave Oakley, California 94561 Today 8:00 am - 5:00 pm . Phone (925) 679-9396 Email [email protected] Website http://partsrpartsonline.com Probobly the most knowlageable forklift parts suppliers i have ever delt with. They Live for the obscure.