Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

old newbie

mike gunderson ยท 2021-09-02 06:35

Just purchased my newest project, a Terex TB 66. Nothing works from the platform, everything works from cab. I read old threads , will need to check out alternator, only has 13.1 volts. Any new ideas?

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632021-09-02 14:02

    Check the electrical cable between the lower and the platform controls. Look for bends , stretches, and breaks

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-09-02 14:53

    Welcome to HEF, Mike !

  3. #3mike gunderson2021-09-04 07:17

    Got platform to work, used anti oxident on all the plugs. Can drive about 30', and it shuts down. If i wait 20 minutes , it will start and run another 30'. I'm thinking I need to change the hydraulic filter?

  4. #4mike gunderson2021-09-04 07:18

    Still trying to figure this web site out. Didn't see the tiny login at the top of page

  5. #5Tinkerer2021-09-04 11:10

    It changes from the login box to your username when you are logged in Mike. If you erase your browser cookies it will most likely revert back to the login box.

  6. #6mike gunderson2021-09-05 11:30

    Seems to make a difference if I start engine from platform . Took rotater off of platform, looks like a pressed together affair?

  7. #7funwithfuel2021-11-22 18:25

    Welcome