Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello from the east of uk

Dat kennels ยท 2021-08-28 12:19

Hello All I am now starting up a line boring / bore welding company in East Anglia UK 15 years as a machinist using Climax and York and other P.M.T equip. Been running a large boarding kennels ( 90 dogs !!) for 20 years until along came Covid- 19 , kennels slowly coming back but hard old slog so looking to earn some money from a old trade whist kennels is recovering from the pandemic Would love to buy BB5000 but need to go cheaper just to get the business of the ground . Any suggestions guys looking at Italian makes half America price but I know " you get what you pay for " Few job under my belt then Climax here we come ! David

Replies10
  1. #1CM19952021-08-28 12:33

    Welcome to the Forums David!

  2. #2Dat kennels2021-08-28 12:36
  3. #3Dat kennels2021-08-28 12:39

    Thank you Sir , think I should have Portable machine tools instead of PMT sorry ! no offence to anyone ! . David

  4. #4Delmer2021-08-28 18:17

    There's a few older threads on here regarding equipment set ups. Cmark and some others I can't remember. best way to find them is to use your usual search engine "HeavyEquipmentForums line boring equipment" I wouldn't recommend searching "italian climax" but maybe you could figure out how to word it?

  5. #5Tinkerer2021-08-28 20:43

    Welcome to HEF, David ! You can also go to the top of this page where is says Search Forums. Type in line boring and you will have a lot info available to read.

  6. #6Dat kennels2021-08-29 01:07

    Thank you all Guys , other side of the pond but all in the same game !

  7. #7Dat kennels2021-08-29 01:18

    Just remembered the guy who I brought my Lincoln 305D welder from said he had used a Italian line borer from " Ducati" LOL think he got the name wrong or could be the worlds fastest line borer machine ever .... !!!

  8. #8Dat kennels2021-08-31 14:35

    Guys ,What is the time difference between UK and and you guys in America , i feel i am emailing you when you are in the land of nod ( British sleep )

  9. #9Vetech632021-08-31 16:16

    Yeah, don't Google Italian climax I'm glad the wife was out!

  10. #10Dat kennels2021-09-01 02:10

    I feel a trip up to Birmingham in the UK is on the cards as LBW ltd are based there and they market the ELSA machines Been reading line boring threads and while they not Climax it seems you guys rate them so going for a nose , as said new business so need to be care full around the money side , could spent a fortune if I did not have a wife !!