Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

old rig

tmcelroy ยท 2014-08-25 12:43

I'd like to see some of the oldest rigs ya'll guys are still running

Replies4
  1. #1charles walton2014-09-05 21:07

    I'll try and clean up my old 81 IH F2275 and take a few pics

  2. #2td25c2014-09-06 10:02

    Thread on our 1969 FWD . It's not the oldest rig we have . 1969 would be middle age , just getting in to it's prime http://www.heavytruckforums.com/showthread.php?51-Fwd-Trucks

  3. #3armymudduck2014-09-19 11:37

    77 and a 78boath with Detroit deisel

  4. #4Mike Van2014-09-22 05:59

    My 1974 Chevy C60, still gettin' it done - This was someones grain truck, it had a 15 ft grain body on it. I flew out from Ct to Il., bought it from Wherle brothers in Vandalia 3 years ago. Last year I cut 3 ft off the front of the body, it's 12 ft now. Added the Hiab crane then. The dump still works fine, it sure gets logs & firewood off in a hurry. 350 engine with a 2 barrel, 4 speed with a two speed rear, and some pretty low gears in the rear, made for a loooong ride home. About 50 mph was all I did, no sense killing it out on the highway. Next summer I might pull the engine & rebuild it, leaks pretty good from the rear main, and some blue smoke when cold. Pretty easy to work on, having no metrics, emissions, and best of all, no computer chips.