Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old road grader. What is it????

cat3208 ยท 2013-07-08 11:19

Hi. Saw this very old road grader at a tractor show recently... I haven't seen anything quite like it! Looks like with a little TLC-would be ready for work.:Banghead Just bought new Windows phone-learning to use it! Thanks!

Replies6
  1. #1schuiver2013-07-08 13:51

    That is a old Volvo BM road grader, here is a link: http://www.volvoce.com/construction... bm-volvo/Pages/Bolinder-Munktell VHK 85.aspx

  2. #2cat32082013-07-09 06:50

    Thanks, scrivener! I will save that link for future reference!

  3. #3ovrszd2013-07-09 18:52

    That was back when operators were real Men. I started on an old CAT 12 which was similar in design to this machine. When you came home at night you had a good reason to be tired!!!

  4. #4glenlunberg2013-09-12 21:50

    Nice old machine. If I have that kind of old machine, I will take care of that everyday.

  5. #5grandpa2013-09-12 22:03

    And now you have swelled up knuckle's from those levers kicking the h**l out of your hands....

  6. #6td14steve2013-09-13 06:48

    I always found the kickback hurt my wrists, I learned on an old Letourneau westinghouse and An Allis Chalmers M100. I always hated when the brakes wouldn't hold on the circle lift what a pain in the butt when they let go. Steve