Hey everyone, Has anyone had any luck finding a good Volvo/Champion parts website? I am a one man operation here and I don't have a lot of time to play phone tag with sales people. I do the work that pays during daylight hours then if something needs to be repaired I order the parts and do the repairs in the evenings. My Champion grader is the only piece of equipment that I can't find a good online parts orderings system. The VolvoCE site has an application to fill out to request parts access but the dealer needs to approve me for access and after filling that thing out a half a dozen times I'm pretty much fed up with it. The first dealer I was working with is no longer a Volvo dealer. The one they recommended to me is about 8 hours from me. I had ordered some parts from them and they would just UPS the parts to me. They never responded to my request for online access so I call them a couple days ago and they claim there is no online access and that I need to call them with the part number I need then they will call Volvo and get the price and availability then call me back. Still not what I was looking for because I hate playing phone tag and the less I have to talk to a sales rep on the phone the better. I recently found a dealer a bit closer to me. With them I could not only not get access to the online ordering system, I could not order parts until the sales guy came up to meet me and fill out paper work. he asked when would be the best time for me. Well lets see, I like to sleep in just a bit so it couldn't be before 5 AM, I really don't want him showing up on the job site trying to fill out paperwork so that leaves me with a free hour for him sometime between 8 and 10 PM which is my personal time so I'd rather not visit with at that point. His option for getting parts now would be to send him an e-mail and they will look up the parts and availability and call me with that information. Unfortunately it is difficult to hear the phone while I'm working the machine plus my customer is paying me to do the job not stop the machine and talk to a sales guy so I just let it go to voice mail. When I get back to the office his voice mail is all muffled sounding so all I know is one of the parts is obsolete but have no idea about the other 2 I sent the request on and nowhere in that voice mail did I hear a price. That means I get to either send them another email tonight and hope I get some prices or call them in the morning. Does a good Volvo/Champion online parts ordering system actually exist? Joe
I kind of doubt it, when I was ordering from Swanston equipment the parts guy made a comment that led me to believe it wasnt really an integrated system between the old Champions and the "new" volvo parts. Have you tried talking to Titan machinery out of Sioux falls? They were recommended to me by a guy that had several champions and seemed to have explored the various options. Depending on the parts your looking for I have found odds and ends like seal kits and whatnot by just googling the champion part #. Sorry I cant help you but I'm always interested to see what guys can come up with when it comes to sourcing parts for these things.
Hi Joe, Let me know if we can help you. We specialize in parts for Champion and Volvo Motor Graders. We have locations in Alberta and Ontario Canada. Our parts staff can assist you with new, used or rebuilt parts. We can also assist you with any freight requirements. Look forward to hearing from you. Ric Ross VP&GM Jade Equipment Company Ltd. www.jadeequipment.com
Thanks for the input. I'll give Titan a call tomorrow. Sounds like they are a good source. I've actually managed to pick up a few odds and ends on eBay as well.
From what I've seen, Jade is great for both new and used parts. I have Elmer Whiskyjack on speed dial but I guess he's not there anymore. The only thing that is a killer is the shipping. Who would be a good contact there to discuss freight and shipping?
Freight Hi Joe, Where are you located? It may be less costly to ship from Ontario!!!! Give Darryl Fernandez a call at our Ontario Branch (866)404-5233 (toll free) and he will be glad to try and figure something out for you, regardless of which branch we have to ship from. Ric
Thanks for the info Ric. I'm located in West Central Minnesota. I'll give Darryl a call later and see what we can figure out.