Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Sign

RZucker · 2018-11-18 17:02

I'm betting a bunch of you guys remember this one... hint: Along I-90 in central Washington.

Replies29
  1. #1Junkyard2018-11-18 17:06

    It’s been years since I’ve been out that way......Quincy maybe?

  2. #2RZucker2018-11-18 17:11

    You're so close...

  3. #3Junkyard2018-11-18 17:17

    George is it? If that’s not it I’m getting a map or google lol

  4. #4RZucker2018-11-18 17:19

    Ding, ding we have a winner. From Oklahoma no less.

  5. #5Junkyard2018-11-18 17:20

    Fubar’d thing is I can remember stuff like that but ask me a special date and you’ll get the deer in the headlights......

  6. #6RZucker2018-11-18 17:23

    Anniversary, wife's birthday?

  7. #7Junkyard2018-11-18 17:29

    How’d you guess? lol. I have to think a split second and she doesn’t like that

  8. #8RZucker2018-11-18 17:40

    My other half drops hints for me a week in advance. She never forgets my birthday though.

  9. #9Mother Deuce2018-11-18 17:52

    Yep George... Makes me smile just seeing the sign! I haven't ate there for 38 or 39 years. Time sure flies when your havin' fun

  10. #10RZucker2018-11-18 17:57

    Unfortunately the restaurant is gone now, the sign still stands. The pic was from today. I remember in the 70's the sign was lit up with neon. Used to see a lot of P.I.E and Garrett trucks there.

  11. #11Mother Deuce2018-11-18 18:06

    I was only in there a couple of times. Always stopped at the Cottage across from Zack or Mabel's next to Carls in Eburg. Nice to see the signs Beyond passin' through on the slab I have spent many happy hours in gorge listening to Tom Petty, Journey and Crosby Stills and Nash to name a few! Mr. Zucker you post the most interesting stuff We sure have seen a lot of the same real estate!

  12. #12ol'stonebreaker2018-11-18 18:34

    Lived in George for a few months about 45 yrs ago. Mike

  13. #13RZucker2018-11-18 19:13

    Working on I-90?

  14. #14Wytruckwrench2018-11-18 19:32

    Brings back some good memories!

  15. #15Truck Shop2018-11-18 20:20

    The Martha Inn-ptomaine capital of the Columbia Basin. In the latter days of the Martha the flies chipped in to by a new screen for the back door. Truck Shop

  16. #16Truck Shop2018-11-18 21:03

    How many of you remember the plastic monster park {Thunderbeast Park} on 97 in Ore. Truck Shop

  17. #17RZucker2018-11-18 21:31

    Honestly, 10 -12 years back I had some pretty good meals there. The lounge had a 16 oz. bar steak that was really good, came with butter sautéed veggies the were pretty good too.

  18. #18Bluox2018-11-18 21:54

    Gees that been gone for 30+ years ,think its a truck chrome shop now or it was the last time I was by there. Bob

  19. #19Mother Deuce2018-11-19 03:27

    Did the 53/ 97 shuffle down to Weed and back on 5 to avoid the Medford Ashland whoop dee do's when I had to go that way... I am sorry to say that I have somehow lost Thunderbeast park from my memory bank. (She say's scratching her head.)

  20. #20Bluox2018-11-19 07:41

    North of Chiloquin on 97 after you pulled Collier park hill it was on the West side of the road , it had a 15 foot tall armadillo looking statue in front of it which may still be there. Its been closed 40 years? Bob

  21. #21RZucker2018-11-23 16:21

    Heres another from old US 10. Old Texaco station just out of Sprague Wa. Used to have all the signs on it.

  22. #22Truck Shop2018-11-23 16:24

    I remember that one. Truck Shop

  23. #23RZucker2018-11-23 16:29

    Yup. The old road to Ritzville.

  24. #24Mother Deuce2018-11-23 17:53

    Missed that one completely. Don't think I ever saw it.

  25. #25RZucker2019-01-12 23:45

    Got out today and shot a few more pics from old US 10, this one is heading east from the bank of the Columbia river.

  26. #26RZucker2019-01-12 23:52

    A few more from that area.

  27. #27Truck Shop2019-01-13 16:29

    I have heard that called Frenchman's Coulee.

  28. #28RZucker2019-01-13 16:42

    Yep, that's what it is. Funny story: 15 years ago I was at the top of the little waterfall on the north side of the coulee and my crazy little heeler took off after a rabbit and ran all the way to the shelf midway down. She finally came back up and gave me that "What?" look.

  29. #29Clawed Backster2019-01-13 18:59

    I used to run by there hauling wood chips up 97, then down 58 to Springfield. Took the family over to see that roadside attraction about 20 years ago. I think it closed down shortly thereafter.