Story on bobcat skidloaders
That's a good article on the Bobcat story. There's no argument that Bobcat was, and still is, the innovater of skid loaders and small equipment. I just wish Bobcat would do just one more important detail...make them easier to work on!
I liked the article I actually operated on of those machines when I was a lot younger!!! lol A lot younger!
As much a I agree, I don't think its posible to make something so small and mighty easy to work on!
I read that whole bobcat history a fews years ago. it blew my mind how cool all that happed bobcats all the way!
The first Bobcats I worked on had the V-4 Wisconsin engine with the variable speed belt drive and mechanical clutches to power the drive wheels. One problem we had with them was the side load on the crankshaft from the variable speed drive unit would cause the crank to break. Fixed a couple by finding a farmer with a junk baler with a rusted up Wisconsin in it. Had to pull the crank out and send to machine shop to modify the end to fit the drive of the Bobcat then install it in Bobcat engine. Learned one thing back then, don't try to drive one with the bucket and boom removed and make any fast direction changes!