Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

old stuff

oakland ยท 2008-06-17 02:19

here is some old iron ive found. 1st one is a really cool old grader. the second is a really old (and loud) water truck that is still used.the 3rd is a old d7 dozer parked behind the cable sraper. and the 5th is an old grader

Replies19
  1. #1oakland2008-06-17 02:22

    heres some more the first is an old steam shovel and the second is an old grader.

  2. #2WabcoMan2008-06-17 05:51

    Great pictures Oakland, thanks for posting. The first grader is an Austin-Western. The scraper appears to be a Cat 619C Man I love old iron

  3. #3stretch2008-06-17 07:51

    I think the shovel is actually an old log loader. Anyone know if that's an old Northwest?

  4. #4Steve Frazier2008-06-17 21:17

    I'd bet that water truck is from the early 80s

  5. #5oakland2008-06-18 00:30

    i dont know but they run 3 of them and they are really, really loud.

  6. #6jurgcor2008-06-21 17:12

    I helped to restore a 6 wheel drive version of that Austin Western blade. I t had the tandem on rear, the swung left and right. Way ahead of it's time with front wheel assist. However the mess of u joints and carrier bearings under the neck was horriblr to maintain. HaHa Ha.

  7. #7iceberg2102008-06-24 20:16

    I've seen that shovel!!! I see it everytime I drive into Boise on I-84. Its on the right as you're coming into town. Wonder if it still runs. A couple years ago it had moved so it had been running at some recent point in the past.

  8. #8oakland2008-06-24 20:21

    yeah it is its right by western constructions yard. ive never actually seen it move but it has changed locations

  9. #9insleyboy2008-06-27 21:33

    Whith the rounded shape at the rear and the narrow tracks...I'd bet money it's a Northwest

  10. #10Bellboy2008-06-29 13:49

    Let me find an old log loader for you...

  11. #11Bellboy2008-07-12 05:13

    This is not that old, but rather well used. Its what is known as a triwheeler or logloader. This is Bell, the first Bell ever made. It was first built as a cane loader, but the machine range expanded into forestry. 1. Side view. 2.Side again 3. Cab 4. Steering/ drive. ( you use your feet.) 5. Jocky wheel. It basically aids in steering, but it has hydrostatic drive on the front wheels, steering like a skidsteer/ bulldozer. Not the most stable machine, but it is really fast and quite agile.

  12. #12lindemanallen2008-09-02 18:41

    fancy trackhoe Look at this old trackhoe. Is an cletrac OC 4 683D OH. It like a excavator before excavators were around. Neat how everything is turned around. Can any body giv me some info on it? :usa :jawdrop

  13. #13alleyoop2009-12-27 02:44

    It s a NW high cab with air tongs

  14. #14Koehringman2010-01-20 21:08

    Northwest I think so too... The shovel design is that of a Northwest, funky cab though. I'm betting it is a 90D

  15. #15heavylift2010-01-21 01:21

    lindemanallen pic from cletrac..... maybe

  16. #16TSK4152010-01-21 19:14

    Northwest that was my guess, some more pictures would be great

  17. #17JimInOz2010-01-22 00:44

    Nice pics.I liked the Graders..still earning their keep & looking better with age.. The watercart looks familiar...is it a Dodge Fuso?

  18. #18bigrus2010-01-22 07:18

    Even the "Clarke 301 Super" I ran new in 1981 had the complete tandem move to articulate. A different idea instead of pins & bushes for an articulation situation. The joys of competition in the marketplace instead of domination of one brand

  19. #19classictruckman2010-01-22 09:55

    Looks like an old ford to me