Here's a few shots (from my cellphone,) of a contractor's yard in Northfield, Mass. on the Vt. line, of an old Bycyrus Erie shovel and of a couple of 40's era Autocar trucks. One you can see the lettering on the door is originally from Springfield, Mass. The other has a tree and vegitation growing up through it. Really looks good though. They mow around everything and keep the grounds nice where these pieces are. They're sitting at the junctions of Mass. state routes 10 and 142, a couple miles east of I-91 exit 28 (B?) in Northfield, Massachusetts. I'd love to watch some hotshot who thinks he can run an excavator better than thou sit in this old Erie and try and load a truck without folding the dump box up... Enjoy.
WOW! Thats some old iron! With the price of scrap metal now, the owner better get cutting on it! Hate to say it but its true.
Ain't that the truth...I'm surprised they haven't chopped it all up by now, but evidently there's still a few people around that think it's worth more as a nostalgic piece of yesteryear worth keeping around for the up & coming generations to see.:usa
Love that comfy contoured seat in the B-E
I got this home last Saturday. Sat for 10 years in the California Desert. Runs pretty good, everything works. Just needs some tires and TLC
If you look around there's plenty of B-E stuff sitting around in contractor's yards. And I've seen worse than that old shovel, and for some reason the only things with the paint left on them are always the Bucyrus-Erie signs.
That's restoration pieces there whadda mean cut it up. That stuff has forgotten more about work then most of us will ever know!!!!!!!!!!!!!
never was a more correct statement made:notworthy:notworthy
I can't believe you put that up.......and from a Deere guy too!
Hey what kind of grader is that? Great looking machine!!!
Thanks! It's a '49 Caterpillar 112. Saved from a Chinese scrap pile!
Looks like all you need is some rubber to be grading the roads
Three bald but useable 1300-24 rears came with it. I just need tubes and flaps. The fronts were a bit harder to find. 7.50-24's (38X7's) I found at a used tire place in LA. I plan on converting the fronts to 1300-24 at some point. Anybody making a run from Boise to Los Angeles any time soon? That's where the parts I need are It runs pretty good. The pony tank is full of rust and cr@p. The main Diesel tank just has 10 years worth of gunk in it (that's how long it sat before I got it). We ran it off jerry cans to load and unload it getting it to my house.