Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old Trailer

MarkATravis ยท 2022-10-17 16:15

hey guys im new to the forum. I have recently purchased an old trailer, in very good condtion. Does anyone know anything about what brand or any info would be great. Specs: 20ft x 8ft deckover it is a tilt deck with a cylinder to ease going down and up. trailer has 4 seperate axles. Trailer looks to be a 10-12 ton.

Replies8
  1. #1Tags2022-10-17 18:37

    Could possibly be an Econoline trailer. The biggest problem with that style trailer was getting a flat on the inside tires and having to change them.

  2. #2crane operator2022-10-17 20:44

    As tags says, those inner tires are a pain, and they can be a tire eater.

  3. #3MarkATravis2022-10-17 21:52

    Thanks for your reply fellas, i have been told by a freind of they have the same issue. I have my eyes set on a trailer set up the same way, just is the standard 22.5" tandem. any idea on what your thoughs on the weight capacity? thanks again!

  4. #4terex herder2022-10-18 07:21

    Could be shop built, does it have a vin? Walking beam or rubber bushed? Or solid axle? What does the title (if any) say?

  5. #5crane operator2022-10-18 11:15

    If you just bought it, what's the title say in the manufacturer location? So did you actually buy this trailer, or are you just looking at it? Personally, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place, and if I did own it- I'd sell it, and if I had to load anything on it, it wouldn't be bigger than a skid loader. Any pintle tandem would be better than that style of trailer.

  6. #692U 34062022-10-18 20:08

    What's with the wheels on that?

  7. #7Bumpsteer2022-10-18 20:23

    Its an Econoline...not a better idea to use those axles...contractor at the end of our road bought one. They were cheap. He regretted it first time he had to service an inside tire. Took the backhoe and flipped the trailer on its side to work on it. Ed

  8. #8Welder Dave2022-10-19 01:27

    I guess if it was cheap enough it could be useful. With the weight of the trailer I probably wouldn't carry more than about 10,000lbs. on it at the most. I can't see how many lugs the wheels have or the rating on the tires.