Saw the ad, thought it was interesting.
Geez, it looks like it weighs 50 ton
It's definitely unique. Looks like a pretty beefy hoe.
It has been years since I last saw one of those. Pretty neat find.
This is a Hopto 200. These were originally produced by Badger and even after W & S purchased them the production continued in Winona, Minnesota and the factory is still operating today as a subsidiary of Manitex.
not easy to unstick ..but a real digger` most had detroit engines in them. curious did it have a price tag?
Here is the link to the for sale ad. They are asking $3500. https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/hvo/d/san-antonio-backhoe/7221614608.html
It doesn't look in terrible shape.
This is an old thread but I ran a Hopto 200 in the 60’s for several years putting a high pressure gas line around Lake Tahoe. Triple gang hydraulic pump driven with a Detroit 3-53 motor and it was the fastest backhoe I ever ran.