Here is an old three-drive axle wrecker I pass in the summers. It is located near Morley Lake, about 25 miles east of Teslin, Yukon Territory. It has not moved in years but I remember when the gas station/garage/lodge was open back in the 80's and it ran then. I believe it is a Reo. The alder is growing too thick to get a close look from the road and it is so far out in the middle of no-where that we don't slow down. Maybe I can stop when I go by next month and get some real photos.
Close up pictures would be great. Them old Reo's were prety cool.
The mast and booms resemble a Holmes 850. The sling is for sure. But the cab and hood look odd for REO, Diamond REO or Diamond T. Maybe Autocar Truck Shop
I agree Truck Shop , sure looks like a Holmes 850 .
I will make it a point to stop and get some photos next month. If this one could talk I bet it would have some great tales to tell. If you look at Google Earth you can see how far out in the middle of nowhere this is. With the price of gas so high, we sometimes travel at 80+mh and go 15-20 minutes without passing a car or truck. Many of the old road houses are shut down and there is no one out there; just lots of bugs and animals.
We passed by the roadhouse last week and the Holmes wrecker was gone. Later when eating dinner I chatted with a Teslin local who by chance owns a 750 Holmes and was familiar with the situation. It turns out that the thing is an 850, built to military specs. It was mounted on an Autocar. The fellow said the property sold and the new owner peddled the Holmes to someone local. The Autocar is used up and junk. The 850 was in the process of being removed and mounted on a 6x6 of some sort. The fellow was in a hurry so I did not get a chance to talk as long as I would have liked. It sounds like the wrecker is going back into service. Also, we took in the truck show at Cache Creek BC a couple of weeks back. Had a great time and met some nice folks. I will post photos later after I get caught up from the trip. We toured and did 6000 miles in less than 3 weeks, not including a couple of days on the ferry. We saw a lot of out of the way places in BC, including a trip to Bella Coola.
Damn, I nailed that one. Truck Shop