Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

older backhoe no start no click nothing

tasmanian hoe ยท 2020-06-08 08:52

Hi I have an older backhoe case 580 from the 70s that wont start I have had the starter rebuilt last year I put a new solenoid on same time and now it doesn't start theres no click nothing..any suggestions would help please.. Thank you

Replies9
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-06-08 09:03

    Is the battery fully charged ? Clean and check all the cables for tightness. Could be the ignition switch or the wire from it to the solenoid. Could be a starter problem.

  2. #2dieseldog5.92020-06-08 09:06

    Step 1 Is there 12v at large battery cable attatched to the solenoid. Step 2 Is there 12v at the small wire attached to the solenoid when the start button is pushed.

  3. #3tasmanian hoe2020-06-08 10:21

    Hi battery is fully charged and rebuilt starter last year new solenoid

  4. #4tasmanian hoe2020-06-08 10:22

    Hi will check voltage I havent done that

  5. #5Tinkerer2020-06-08 10:43

    Have you tried to start it by quickly connecting the battery cable to the small terminal on the solenoid ? The terminal with the wire on it that comes from the starter switch. Just because you replaced the starter last year does not mean that it doesn't have a problem. Is there a start position on the gear case ? Besides 1-2-3-4 sometimes depending on the tractor there is an additional position identified by an S. For start. There is an electrical switch on the side of the gearcase on those tractors.

  6. #6tasmanian hoe2020-06-08 16:19

    Hi I wi Hi.. i will double check what you just mentioned. Thanks

  7. #7Tones2020-06-08 17:22

    Check the earth lead where it bolts to the tractor and any other earth lead it may have.

  8. #8Theweldor2020-06-08 17:41

    I am sure it won't hurt to clean all the connections!

  9. #9Coy Lancaster2020-06-10 08:32

    Have you solved your problem with no start as of yet?