Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Older Bobcat 331….need help

2006forddiesel ยท 2015-06-22 20:51

I have a older bobcat 331. S/N begins with 512. My joystick controls will not work (no boom or turret function). I've checked the safety lock out on the left console and there is pressure going through it. How can I test the accumulator and can it be rebuilt? What else could cause this issue? Help please!

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2015-06-22 23:25

    Is it just one joystick that's not working? There is usually an extemely fine filter screen somewhere in the pressure inlet of the joystick base, it may be plugged up.

  2. #22006forddiesel2015-06-23 07:56

    Both joysticks are not functioning. The machine sat for awhile. I think I'm going check that screen out or even just order a kit for them. I've cracked the lines from the joysticks to the valve block and operated them. There was no fluid passing through and i know the pressure is making it to the joysticks from the lockout.

  3. #32006forddiesel2015-07-16 00:29

    You were exactly right. I disassembled both joysticks and flushed them. The valves were gunked up and frozen. Thanks!

  4. #4lantraxco2015-07-16 02:04

    Lucky guess! Glad you got it working :drinkup

  5. #5willie592015-07-16 22:22

    Wow, rare thing for a PPC valve (both of them) to be in that kind of shape.

  6. #6lantraxco2015-07-16 23:53

    Forget it Willie, it's a Coonass thang